MMJ Doctor San Diego consulting thousands of patients revealed that there is a steep rise in the demand for medical recommendations to manage a variety of medical conditions.
Why is that?
Because medical cannabis seems to be a hero on every platform whether it is newspapers or digital media.
- Medical cannabis alleviates chronic pain.
- Medical marijuana is a wonder drug.
- Medical marijuana is an effective alternative to conventional medical therapies.
But, is there any substance in such claims as well?
Or, are people just obsessed about this new-found remedy?
MMJ Doctor San Diego think otherwise. They confirm that patients are seeking the support of medical cannabis for a healthy lifestyle.
Medical marijuana has definitely incredible therapeutic potential to maintain the necessary balance.
But, it is still a Schedule 1 drug that makes it impossible for any organization to run a full-fledged clinical trial.
However, various preclinical and anecdotal studies confirm that cannabis can be a life-savior for millions of patients living with debilitating medical conditions.
Research Articles Supporting The Claims
- A study featured in the Journal of Psychoactive Drugs showed that more than 40% of patients using cannabis stopped taking any pharmaceutical drug. Or the use reduced to a minimum.
- Daniel Kruger at the University of Michigan Institute for Social Research along with Jessica Kruger, clinical assistant professor at the University of Buffalo collected all the required data.
- They also mentioned that more than 75% of patients confirmed using cannabis as a part of their treatment plan.
- Most of the patients used cannabis for managing their back pain, chronic pain issues, depression, and headaches. Also, they want cannabis to be a part of mainstream healthcare without a delay.
- Another study confirmed that more than 90% of patients prefer cannabis over opioids for managing their pain.
The stats clearly show that medical cannabis is helping patients get back into their lives. Plus, the chances of reducing opioid addiction cases is like an added benefit.
But, is that all?
Medical cannabis is not something which is immune to other adverse events.
It has its drawbacks as well.
For instance, the famous “euphoria”.
Other than that there are some other potential harms as well.
- Chronic use of medical cannabis might lead to potential neurocognitive problems.
- Consistent use of THC rich strains might cause psychosis in some patients who are already dealing with the issues of anxiety.
- Cannabis smoking over a long period might increase the risk of bronchial infections.
The only way to limit such potential issues is going slow and low with cannabis. MMJ doctor San Diego suggest micro-dosing as the key to effective medicare therapy with cannabis.
But, what do patients prefer when it comes to cannabis consumption?
A lot of studies confirmed that patients prefer mostly the following ways of consuming cannabis.
- Smoking bud or flower – 95%
- Smoking concentrates or extracts -57%
- Vaping bud/flower- 38%
- Cannabis edibles – 65%
- Topical lotion or cream- 19%
Most patients prefer arranging their medications from medical marijuana dispensaries.
And others found it directly from the growers.
Medical marijuana doctors in California repeatedly are requesting to declassify this plant as a potential drug of abuse. This is the only way to decipher what’s in it.
And if those trials prove its worth. Then, it can actually lead to a medicinal boom in the entire world.
Imagine how many patients can actually benefit from this plant.
Not tens, not hundreds, not even thousands, rather millions of patients across the globe.
To summarize, medical cannabis definitely has a lot of followers. But, leaders need to understand the importance of medical cannabis in the lives of many.
MMJ doctor San Diego says that it’s high time agencies must give a green flag to the clinical research on this plant and look for the results.
If positive, there will be no harm in legalizing cannabis all over the nation.
Fair enough deal.
Don’t you think so?